Janome 2212 Review
Summary: Janome offers up a very solid, good quality machine in this price point with a nice selection of basic features and functions which makes a variety of projects possible.
The Janome 2212 Sewing Machine is a welcome option for beginners and novices looking to own their very first sewing machine. With a reasonable price tag, basic features and options that are simple to use, you’ll find there are a number of projects you can do with this machine.
– This simple machine features an easy turn dial pattern selector so you can quickly find and choose which one you want to use.
– There are 12 built-in stitches, which includes a four-step buttonhole feature.
– The machine offers a drop feed so that you have free motion quilting and sewing.
– You have the ability to adjust the stitch length and width.
– This machine should only be used in the US since it is 110-volt.
– This is a mechanical machine that is lightweight so it is easy to move around.
– Is ideal for quilting and sewing.
– All features and functions are easy to understand and use.
– Features a 1/4″ seam foot
– Comes with standard accessories
– When it comes to threading needles and bobbins there is a built-in thread cutter, the bobbin is front loading, there is a push-pull bobbin winder, and a slit-type take-up lever for bobbin thread.
– There is manual tension control and you can reach a maximum speed of 860 stitches per minute.
– Offers a 25-year limited warranty
– There are two retractable, vertical-spool pins.
– A vertical oscillating hook.
– An incandescent lamp to light up your project.
– Features a folding carry handle for portability.
What You’ll Find in the Box
– Owners manual
– Foot Pedal
– Accessory kit (zipper foot, sliding buttonhole foot, blindhem foot, bobbins, set of needles, seam ripper, screwdriver, and soft cover)
Think of this machine as a great place to start if you’re just learning how to sew or quilt. This machine acts as a wonderful introduction to sewing machines by offering basic features and functions that are simple to use. Everything is manual so the turn-dial pattern selector means there is no confusing digital screen to try to navigate. You will be able to do simple projects like hemming clothes, creating home decor items, and create unique and interesting projects. You’ll find this machine handles well and doesn’t jam often and when it does it’s usually a simple and quick fix so you can get back to your project. If you have a teenager that is just learning to sew this is an uncomplicated machine to learn on that won’t leave them feeling frustrated. This machine even works well as a backup machine to your main one. Because it’s portable it’s ideal for taking on the go with you. The guide book is well laid out so you can follow along and learn about all the features. When it comes to threading the machine it’s easy to understand and is quite fast. The machine feels well put together and solid as though it will last well over time.
This machine certainly has lots of pros but some of the pros can also act as its negatives. Although this is solidly built and easy to use, it may be too simple for your project requirements. If you find you are working with multiple layers and thick materials this machine may not be able to get the job done as well as you hope.
Incoming search terms:
- janome 2212 1/4 quilt foot