Brother XL2600I Review
Summary: This sewing machine has clearly been designed for people just starting to learn how to sew. It’s great for learning on, teaching on, or just having for those occasional projects you may need to sew. Think of it as a go-to machine for simple everyday projects but if you plan on taking on more complex projects you may want to look at something with more options, features, and versatility.
The Brother XL2600I Sew Advance machine is meant to be a great introduction to sewing machines offering a number of useable features that allow you to sew everyday type projects. The price point on this machine is nothing short of incredible allowing you to own a sewing machine for much less than you ever thought possible. This was designed with novices in mind, so if that fits your sewing personality then the machine is well worth investigating.
– This is a free-arm sewing machine complete with a number of stitch functions, and 25 built-in stitches, which is likely more than you’ll ever need to use if you’re a beginner.
– All your accessories are conveniently stored in the free arm so they are handy when you need them and kept organized when not in use.
– Comes with five presser feet
– Includes a thread cutter, needle threader, drop-in bobbin loading, one-step auto-size buttonholer, and auto-bobbin winding.
– Extremely user-friendly so even the most beginner sewers can understand how to set up and operate the machine.
– Very lightweight making it portable.
– Does well on such projects as crafting, altering clothing, quilting, and creating home decor items.
– Comes with a 25-year limited warranty with free phone support for the sewing machine for the whole life of the machine.
What You’ll Find in the Box
– A bilingual user manual
– An accessory pack which includes: a variety of sewing feet (zipper foot, blind stitch foot, buttonhole foot, button fitting foot, and a narrow hemmer foot), a screwdriver, bobbins, needle pack, twin needle, darning plate, and an extra spool pin.
– power cord
Where this machine really excels is in offering an affordable option for those who are just starting out. When just beginning to learn to sew you want a machine that is simple to thread, easy to understand, and doesn’t overwhelm you with features. This machine fits the bill on all of these points. Most beginners’ sewing projects can be easily made with this machine thanks to the variety of stitches and feet included in the pack. The bobbin winding is very quick and easy so you won’t be wasting time trying to figure out how to thread it or fish the thread out. The machine is great for traveling with thanks to the fact it is so lightweight. This machine can even work as a great introduction to Brother machines in general, ideal if you plan to upgrade your machine at some point in the future.
What works as a pro can also work as a con. Although this machine is ideal for novices if you’re looking for a machine that will be used on a steady basis for a variety of projects this one may not stand up well over time. As well if you’re going to be working on more advanced projects, thicker materials, multiple layers, more intricate stitches it may not be able to live up to your needs. There also seems to be some issues being able to adjust your tension. Some customers also complain of the noise this machine makes, it’s not a quiet running machine.