Brother CS6000i Review
Summary: All in all this is a great sewing machine if you’re looking for a basic workhouse type of model that will take on a wide variety of projects with little effort on your part.
The Brother CS6000i by Brother is meant to be an entry-level sewing machine that is able to provide you with great value for your money. You’ll have all the basic features you need and want plus some advanced ones that help you get creative and do even more with your sewing machine. All in all this is a versatile sewing machine that works well for a number of different projects without breaking the bank.
While this machine may not offer quite as many features as some of the more advanced models, for the price point it falls under it certainly gives you a lot of bang for your buck. Some of the notable features you’ll find on this multi-purpose machine include:
– The ability to select your stitch length, width, and type using the LCD display screen
– The ability to sew a variety of projects both sewing and quilting.
– There is handy jam-resistant quick-set top drop-in bobbin so that you aren’t finding yourself fiddling with your thread, not only that but it makes changing your bobbin quick and easy.
– A start/stop button that will work even without the foot control.
– You have the ability to adjust your sewing speed.
– A 25-year limited warranty and free phone support for the duration of the life of your machine.
– Decorative stitches are available and seven different styles of one-step buttonholes
– There are nine presser fee that are included in the box.
– When sewing a large project use the oversized table that comes within the box.
– 60 different built-in stitches to choose from.
This machine was built with the user in mind so it was designed to be easy to understand, quick to set up and thread, and easy to work with. The idea is that you can focus on your sewing project rather than how to use your machine.
What You’ll Find in the Box
– Nine presser feet
– An oversized table
– A carrying box to make travel simple and secure
– A quick start guide and instruction manual in English and Spanish
– Eyelet punch
– Extra spool pin
– Cleaning brush
– Seam ripper
– Quilt Guide for foot holder
When first taking a look at the price it’s easy to discount this machine as a low-end model, however don’t let the price be the judge in this case. You’ll find yourself pleasantly surprised at the list of features, the quality of the machine, and most of all the ease of use. If you’re a beginning or just find yourself doing craft projects as a hobby this is an absolutely fabulous machine to have. The variety of stitches available is more than impressive and the amount of accessories that come with the machine is rather unexpected in this price point. You can get as creative as you like and easily take on all kinds of projects challenging yourself and the machine. Being able to adjust the speeds is fantastic so that you can feel in control of your sewing and take your time when it feels more comfortable. The carrying case makes this machine great for use in a sewing class since it is so easy to travel with.
There are a few little things that stick out as cons here and there such as a light that seems rather dim, or the fact that it needs a little help when sewing through multiple or thick layers.